Pages

Monday, July 21, 2014

June 29 - Church in the Swazi Mountains

On Sunday June 29th our team split up into several smaller teams and visited five different church sites in the CMC network.  So after breakfast I drove five of our team and three CMC members to Mankayane for church. 

The drive to Mankayane is one of the most scenic that we make.  

I drove the rental van; now the practice paid off.  I stalled it a couple of times and scared the Swazis with the speed with which I took the roundabout (I hate roundabouts) but otherwise the drive itself was uneventful.  I like driving but I also it is a little tiring.  I have to pay attention much more to what I am doing.

Our team consisted of Ken and JoAnn Stracuzzi, Carrie Wilson, Kate Pennay, and me.  JoAnn, Carrie and Kate taught the children's Sunday school class, Ken taught the adult Sunday school, and I preached in the service on Luke 19:1-10 (Zacchaeus).  The service was lightly attended, maybe 25 adults at most, and about as many children.  No cars in sight but ours, so I assume everyone walked.  It was a lovely service with beautiful singing.  Many of the younger people were instrumental in the service.  It was nice to see young people eager to hear the Word and to serve God.

After the service we lingered for a while while Bonsile (pastor Sabelo's wife) spoke with some of the church members.  Then we drove back to the convent.  

We had lunch (PB and J) and I went to take a nap.  But not long after I laid down, I got a call from my good friend Lelo, and he was in the foyer.  Seeing my friend was way more important than getting a nap so I came down to meet him.  His wife had come with him and so I sat with them for about half an hour sipping tea and catching up.  Their daughter is very sick and they are not sure why; please pray for little Ncebo.  She is receiving a CAT scan soon and hopefully the physicians will be able to diagnose and treat her.  But the Great Physician already knows what's the matter, so please keep her before Him.

After Lelo and his wife left, I finally got my nap.  I slept halfway through supper but my roomie came up to wake me.  Then in the evening we had a team meeting and I went to bed early.  I was expecting to unload the container Monday [but that didn't end up happening, more on that later.]

-Mdu

No comments:

Post a Comment