Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Kingdom of Roses and Thorns

I think today I'll give a plug for this book:  The Kingdom of Roses and Thorns by Debra Liebenow Daly.  My wife, who traveled to Swaziland in 2005, said it was a very good book and helped her understand more fully the things she saw and experienced on her trip.

I am reading it now, so I will have more to say later.  But I did like this poem from the inside leaf:



You will travel to Africa somehow
believing that you will change it,
But Africa will change you.  
It will capture your heart and keep a piece of your soul.
You will always be drawn back to the
beauty and mystique that is Africa.

1 comment:

  1. I finished the book on the plane coming home from my vacation with my wife. It was pretty good; interesting the way all the stories tied together. What made it most interesting was that I was able to visualize all the places described thanks to my previous trips.

    ReplyDelete