Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

As remote as it gets

Today we went to the village of Zindwendweni in southeastern Swaziland.  It is one of the most remote regions in one of the most remote countries in the world.  It took us about an hour and a half on the highway to get to the dirt road turnoff, and then another half hour on a narrow dirt road through "the bush" (I will add a picture when I have more reliable internet available) to get to the small school where we held a free clinic and told the story of Jesus forgiving and healing a paralytic (Mark 2:1-12) with the children in the school.  The kids remembered us and our presentation from last year (the story of Zachaeus) and enjoyed the puppetry.  Again, I will add pictures when I get a better connection.

Regarding the connection, I am tethered to my friend's cell phone and it is the only connection to the internet that we have so far.  It makes this place seem even more remote that there is no reliable on-ramp to the information superhighway available. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I wish I were there! Looking forward to seeing the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete