Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Preparations, continued

Four days to go!  Got up early today to run some more errands.

Stop 1 was the barber shop to get a trim on the noggin and beard.  Chuck at Ralph's Barber Shop in Glenside always does a great job.

Stop 2 was Dunkin' Donuts. I forgot why and bought a sausage egg and cheese sandwich and a coffee.  I was supposed to buy 2 lbs. of original blend coffee to take with me.  I'll have to go back.  I have made an arrangement with Cheryl, one of the nurses.  She is bring a coffee press and I am bringing the coffee. Then we'll both enjoy coffee with our breakfast.  Seemed like a better idea than buying and packing my own coffee press.

Stop 3 was Wal-mart.  (Please don't flame me, I know that PBS Frontline has questioned whether Wal-mart is good for America but I am not prepared to take a dogmatic stance on the Wal-mart issue at this time.)  I was still looking for luggage and a fleece bag.  I didn't like the luggage and didn't find a fleece bag but I did find some crank-powered radios.  They weren't as nice as the ones at REI but they were more compact and a little less expensive so I bought three to give away.  I also bought a birthday present and card for my nephew's girlfriend.  (She's getting Twilight:  New Moon on BluRay.  I think she'll like it.)

Stop 4 was Sears for luggage.  On the way in I saw some swim trunks with the design of the Bennington flag on them.  I admit I was tempted to purchase them. But it is actually against the law (US Code Title 4, Section 8d) to wear the U.S. flag so I resisted the temptation, even though technically the Bennington flag is not the U.S. flag.  I know and deeply respect too many veterans who would be offended -- the novelty wouldn't be worth it.  I did manage to find a nice set of luggage though.  Now I can start packing.

Stop 5 was Dick's to once again look for a fleece bag.  I found a green one but it wasn't exactly what I wanted.  Close, but not close enough.  I think I will just take a set of sheets and use the blankets at the convent where we are staying.  I did purchase a bouncy lacrosse ball for a skit I plan to do with my puppets in Swaziland.

Stop 6 was home.  Planned to pay some bills and update this blog before heading out to see The Last Airbender.  Got caught up working on my computer and missed the movie; maybe tomorrow.

Please keep praying.  More later ...

No comments:

Post a Comment