Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

First work day, near Pigg's Peak

Rode up through the mountains to a town in northwestern Swaziland.  I did not write down the name of the town but it was not too far from Pigg's Peak.  The school we visited was perched high on a mountain and looking down into the valley below we could clearly see the Maguga Dam reservoir. 

We had a service in the open space between the classrooms and afterward set up a clinic in one class and our clothing distribution in another.  I was tasked with getting (and then keeping) the lines in order.  At first it was a mess because the lines crossed each other, but after a bit of creative juggling I managed to get them separated and after that the whole operation ran smoothly. 

The nurses were able to see all the patients who wished to see them and we gave away all the clothes we brought.  I had a very nice time talking to some school children.  We are always a curiousity when we go to a town for the first time.  The kids are always eager to practice their English and I get to practice my siSwati.

I took this picture while the Bishop Nelson Vilakati was preaching.  In the forground on the left is Pastor Van Moore of the Vision of Missions Tabernacle church in North Philadelphia.  To the right in the foreground is my pastor, Pastor Angelo Juliani of Bridge Community church.  Standing to the left is Bishop Vilakati and to his right is Pastor Acorn of CMC, who was translating.  I love the way the small child in the center walked up and stood among the pastors.  It reminded me of Matthew 19:14 in which Jesus said:  "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

1 comment: