Pages

Friday, July 15, 2016

How beautiful are the feet ...

In Romans 10:15, Paul writes:
And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!"

Given the attached photos of my damaged but healing right foot, this passage holds some irony for me. I wouldn't call them beautiful under the best of circumstances. But I do endeavor to continue spreading the good news in Africa for a bit longer.

Tonight, as the rest of the team gets on a plane for their return trip to the states, I am remaining behind.  Tomorrow I will return to Swaziland in preparation for a 4 day, 3 night excursion into Mozambique.

My Swazi son Mancoba has been working in Moz for the last several years with an organization called One Heart Africa.  This will be my first opportunity to see the work he is doing there.

My tentative schedule is as follows:

Saturday -
Fly to Swaziland
Drive to the One Heart Africa farm near Siteki
Spend the evening with One Heart Africa's missionaries Ryan and Anna Carmichael.

Sunday -
Drive to Matsapha to attend service at CMC
Visit Mancoba's family at their home in Logoba
Return to the Carmichael's farm

Monday -
Drive to the border and cross into Mozambique
Travel to the town of Macea  (about 6 hours driving time)

Tuesday -
Visit school in Licilo
Seminar with teachers of pre-school
Teach children using puppets

Wednesday -
Prayer meeting in Licilo
Visit Mancoba's property near the ocean , where he is building a house

Thursday -
Head back to Swaziland
Stay one last night on the farm in Siteki

Friday -
Fly to Johannesburg, then catch connecting flight to NYC

Saturday -
Land at JFK
Catch a van home!

There will, no doubt, be details for me to fill in (or change) later, but that will do for a start.  I am very excited for this leg of my journey and greatly appreciate your prayers.

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment