Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Two days off in a row, part 2

So, thanks to spraining my ankle last night, I am getting a second day off in a row. Today I am staying back at the convent resting and elevating my leg.

I have been overwhelmed by the love and support that has surrounded me both in Africa and online through Facebook and emails.

My prognosis seems pretty good. I was able to get some sleep last night and I am not in a lot of pain. I had to be carried inside the convent last night. I went up the stairs on my backside. And then was half carried and half hopped to my room.

This morning my roommate brought me breakfast. And everyone from the team stopped by to see how I was. They left me behind with fruit, a sandwich, some meal bars, plenty of water, today's newspaper, and I have my Kindle and my Bible. So I'm pretty much going to stay in my room today with my foot elevated.

When the team gets back today they're going to bring a pair of crutches that we brought over on the container. When I loaded them on I didn't imagine they would be for me. The nurses also think they'll be able to get me a removable boots so I'll be able to walk back and forth to the bathroom and maybe even get a shower.

I am going to miss being with the team today, and I know they're going to miss me. But like Paul wrote in first Corinthians 12, the church is a body with many parts. With my right leg injured, my left leg has had to take up the job of carrying me around. And with me injured and out of the picture for today others on the team will pick up my responsibilities. This team has been fabulous at working together, and loving and supporting one another. I look forward to hearing about their day when they return.

Please pray for my recovery. I'm still hopeful that I recover well enough and soon enough to continue with my planned trip to Mozambique next week. And please pray for my wife. What is worse than having to go to the hospital 10000 miles from home is to hear that your spouse has gone to the hospital 10000 miles from home and to not be able to be there.

I was just interrupted from typing this with a phone call from my Swazi son. He's going to be running errands and town today and will stop by and bring me lunch. So I won't be alone all day.

God is good all the time. Please pray that I recognize this as I recover. I appreciate your love and support.

Michael

PS the attached photo is my view for the day. Hopefully I'll have better photos to share tomorrow. -M

No comments:

Post a Comment