Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Two days off in a row part 1

Yesterday was the official day off for the team.  We visited our friends at One Heart Africa and went on a sunset safari in the Hlane Royal National Park.  After the safari we had a relaxing dinner in an open air lodge, and walked back to our vans under a stunning starlit sky that showed off the Southern Cross, the Milky  Way, and (I'm pretty certain) the planet Mars.

Then when I got home I sprained my ankle and had to be taken to the hospital.

Today I am "benched."  I am remaining behind at the convent and keeping my foot elevated.  So I'm having a second day off.

I took some photos of the safari that I'll share in this post. And in my next post I will describe the ankle sprain and it's aftermath.

No comments:

Post a Comment