Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Pretoria: Last Stop for the Team

Greetings all!

Yesterday the team departed from Swaziland.  Some of our Swazi friends came to see us off.  We said our goodbyes (and I said "see you next week") and boarded our bus.

I am off crutches and walking with a removable boot. It is much easier to get around on although steps take some time to negotiate. I had no problems crossing the border as you will see in the picture below.

The trip to Pretoria was a typical bus ride. Nothing really to report there. We arrived in Pretoria at approximately 5 p.m. and checked into our hotel. I have the same roommate which is a blessing. We really get along well.

After checking in we left the hotel and went to a revival service at the light reformed community church, which is pastored by Hulisani Ramantswana, used to attend my church when he was in the USA in Seminary. It was a very energetic service with singing dancing prayer and preaching.

After the service we returned to our hotel and I opted to go to bed early. I got a very restful night sleep and got up refreshed in the morning. I got a hot shower and went down to where the hotel served a buffet breakfast. I was able to let go over my coffee and enjoy talking with my team mates for over an hour.

This afternoon we are headed down to Johannesburg, or more specifically to Ivory Park. There we will do some Street evangelism.

I had the opportunity to utilise my computer skills making a flyer to hand out on the street today. I will also do a puppet show that we are there. Pictures to follow.

This evening we will return to Pretoria for dinner and a second Revival service.

Please pray for the street Outreach today. Pray for those that will hear the word and praying for the security of the team. I would also ask you to pray for the teams help. It seems several people are coming down with what could be congestion or possibly the beginning of an upper respiratory infection. Definitely not something they want to have on the flight home.

Photos: me crossing the border with my new boot, a view from the window outside my hotel room in Pretoria, the flyer I made for the street outreach.

No comments:

Post a Comment